Turkcell is one of the largest mobile operators in Turkey with more than 34 million subscribers.
They are looking to expand their mobile content value added services (VAS) to generate additional revenue. Turkcell wants to launch a mini game service featuring short 30-60 sec HTML5 games that would be compatible across all platforms. At the same time, they are looking to increase consumer usage of their core mobile services such as SMS and mobile data.
Turkcell has created Hediyeli Oyun Mini-Game service: a reward-based mini game subscription service that enables Turkcell users to play mini-games, score game points and exchange them for weekly prizes, such as free voice minutes, SMS or mobile internet data.
- User Registration: Turkcell Mobile Number
- Subscription fee: 4TL/week (US$1.50)
- Total games: 8 mini-games available to pla
- Marketing Channels: SMS Marketing, Affiliate Marketing
- Reward points can be increased, based on number of times a user plays and his high scores from the mini-games
Create a new revenue stream in its mobile content value-added services
Promote consumption of their core mobile services i.e. data, SMS, voice calls
Increase mobile VAS subscribers
In its first 8 weeks of actively promoting the service,
- 27,668 weekly users use the mini-game subscription service
- The mini-games are played more 66,000 times
- 71% engage with the mini-games for more than 5 secs
- 20% week-on-week increase in mini-game subscribers